Jordan Rudess New Solo Album

By Elric on 3:05 PM 14 August 2007

Filed Under:

The 12th of September will be the release date for the new solo album from Dream Theater keyboardist Jordan Rudess, entitled "The Road Home". Having been influenced by classic progressive acts such as Genesis, Yes and Gentle Giant, Rudess revisits some of the great songs from those bands with his own special Jordan Rudess touch.

Rudess says:

"I felt recording songs that were meaningful to me then – and now -- would be fun and challenging at the same time. Prog changed my life, for sure, and took me off the purely classical path and firmly committed me to this other road of discovery.

I wanted to play the right pieces and play the parts that I felt were really important to the composition. I also added my own sections that aren’t there at all in the original songs. So there is a lot of originality even within these new arrangements."

A great group of guests will contribute in the cd, such as Nick D'Virgilio (Spock's Beard), Kip Winger (Winger), Rod Morgenstein (Winger), Ed Wynne (Ozric Tentacles), Bumblefoot (Guns N' Roses), Marco Sfogli (James Labrie), Ricky Garcia (Lafee) and several others.

"The Road Home" track listing:

01. Dance On a Volcano
02. Sound Chaser
03. Just The Same
04. JR Piano Medley
05. Piece of The Pi
06. Tarkus


0 comments for this post

Post a Comment

Scream For Me