Anneke Leaves The Gathering

By Elric on 11:26 AM 07 June 2007

Filed Under:

Anneke van Giersbergen, singer for world-renowned Dutch rock act The Gathering, has decided to leave the band and pursue new goals in life and music.

From the band:

"Dear all, We are very sorry to announce the fact that Anneke has decided to leave the band in August 2007. Anneke has several reasons not to be a member anymore. *We really regret the fact we could not find a way to continue together.*However, we will be working on new material with male & female vocalists. Expect a CD release somewhere in 2008.

With Anneke we’ve made great albums and did fantastic shows, which we are very proud of! We had a great time! We wish Anneke all the best for the future.

The remaining festivals we will play together with Anneke. No new gigs will be scheduled. The last gig with Anneke will be the Ankkarock Festival in Finland, the 4th of August. Also the new DVD A Noise Severe as well as the double live CD will still be released this summer."

Frank, Hans, Marjolein & René.

From Anneke:

"Dear people,

I wanted to send out this message to all of you to inform you that I have decided to leave The Gathering. After much consideration and some serious soul searching, I feel that it is time for me to change my direction in life and develop and search out new goals.

In all the wonderful years that I have been a part of The Gathering, we, as a band, have always strongly believed in sincerity: both personally and within our music. I have always been able to give one hundred percent of myself to the band and its music. Over the last year I developed an urge to initiate my activities from a different place in my heart, focusing on myself and my family.

In order to stay true to myself, the band, crew and the fans, I see no other option than to leave the band and pursue my new goals in life and music.

I loved my 13 years with The Gathering and I take pride in all the beautiful music we have made together and will always cherish the good times we shared on the road and in the studio. The decision to leave all of this behind has been incredibly difficult, but since it’s made from the heart, I strongly believe that I have to go with it. Although it saddens me to say goodbye, I have made a lot of exciting plans for the future both personally and professionally.

Thank you for all the love and support and I hope we will meet again in life and music.

Over the last 10 years I have turned many dreams and experiences into songs. I started recording a selection of the very personal ones during the past 6 months. We’ve laid down the basic tracks at the Waterfront Studio’s in Rotterdam and recorded overdubs at The Void in Eindhoven, as well as in the comfort of my own home studio. I’m excited to send these songs off into the world and share them with you all!

I have formed a band called Agua de Annique to help me voice these songs. We will release an album called ‘Air’ in the fall of 2007. Besides the wonderfully talented people in the band, a few of my friends will make appearances on this album.

The lovely Kristin Fjellseth will sing additional vocals, Jeffrey Fayman has made a string arrangement for a song called “Ice Water”. Heleen de Witte plays the flute and provided some killer trumpet work. The album is mixed by Timothy ConroyJon Anders Narum."

Anneke

Agua de Annique is:
Anneke van Giersbergen; vocals/piano
Joris Dirks; guitars/vocals
Jacques de Haard; bass
Rob Snijders; drums


1 comments for this post

Anonymous

Dear Anneke, It's sad and Cosmic that You are leaving the Gathering only weeks after hearing my first Gathering cd, although I had been clued in to You about 7 years ago, I didn't make enough effort to track down Your Music, then I found a Gathering cd and I was super Impressed, I found it to be rather Demanding for Maximum appreciation and that's good, somewhat remniscent of the first Steve Miller lp " Children of the Future" and Earth and Fire's Atlantis as far as seamlessness, density and High compositional Value, I consider it a great honor to be able to communicate with You and regard You as a Goddess and exalted Composer, I look forward to hearing the rest of the Gathering Material and seein the dvds asWell as Agua de Annique. To look at Your photos give Me the Chills, I want You to Have a Custom Copy of My Upcoming Book about the secrets of the Universe, Lexotheism, Unified Field Omnidynamics, Wholographic Autology, Will trade You for a Gathering dvd and a few autographed photos of You also I will throw in a Palmystry Consultation when the say comes that We get to meet. My Name is ISHIKIRI email: ishikirisho@gmail.com I would treasure a response from You, if You want to do the trade,let Me know and We can exchange physical addresses. How many in the netherlands speak English, I want to Market My book there, should I get it translated? Let Me know if there's anything I can Do for You to advance Your career and promote Agua de Annique, Trust Your Intuition, Count Your Blessings, Rock On, Lovefully, I S H I K I R I

Posted on 11/8/07 04:52  

Post a Comment

Scream For Me