New Avantasia Album - The Scarecrow

By Elric on 10:25 AM 12 May 2007

Filed Under:

As previously reported Tobias is working on a new album of his Rock-operatic Avantasia project. The album will have the title "The Scarecrow".

"I am right now in the studio doing some vocal sessions. In about two weeks I am going to fly to England to work with a friend of mine on some vocals. Fans and record companies who are interested always ask me for the names of my guest musicians. I want you all to know that I am blessed to work with the best musicians, but I don't believe in making names more important than the music itself. I am working with some childhood heroes of mine and most important, with great personalities, true friends, and the greatest musicians you can think of. Producer Sascha and I just checked some new recordings and I have the feeling, that this is the strongest stuff we have ever worked on. It's hard to describe the material in a few words, it sounds very powerful, bombastic, very organic and alive. People who loved especially 'Avantasia part I' will love this one, although this time there is a lot more variation in style on there as well.

Of course it's a Metal album, but we even didn't stop at including some Celtic world music elements. But all that matters to me is that the music has to touch the soul and I swear to god: This material goes straight to your soul, because that's where it comes from. Sounds cheesy, but it's true. I am giving you my everything with this record and you will hear that in late summer! - All the best, Tobi"

Tobias has just returned from a trip to England where he did vocal sessions with Bob Catley, lead vocalist of British Epic Rock legend Magnum, for the upcoming "The Scarecrow" release. Bob Catley had been guest starring on "Avantasia - The Metal Opera pt 2" in 2002 as well.

"Bob is one of the nicest people I've ever met. He's a great singer and true friend. Magnum have always been an incredible influence for me." Magnum producer Mark Stuart tracked and recorded the session at Madhat-Studio in Wolverhampton where the new Magnum Album "Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow" had been recorded as well.

Former Masterplan/Ark frontman Jorn Lande has been confirmed as one of the guests on "The Scarecrow". The album is being produced by Sascha Paeth, who also played the rhythm guitar on the CD. The drums were laid down by KISS/Alice Cooper drummer Eric Singer and the bass is being handled by Tobias himself.

The new Avantasia album will be a concept album featuring different singers singing different characters in a story. But the concept itself won't be a sequel to the first two Avantasia albums.

Avantasia's last release was the two-part epic called "The Metal Opera" (issued in 2001 and 2002), which featured an impressive array of guest vocalists playing the various characters of the opera, including Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween), David DeFeis (Virgin Steele), Sharon Den Adel (Within Temptation), Kai Hansen (Gamma Ray), Andre Matos (Angra, Shaaman), Timo Tolkki (Stratovarius), Rob Rock (Warrior), and others.

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment

Scream For Me