Glen Drover Explains Departure From Megadeth

By Elric on 10:42 AM 21 January 2008

Filed Under:

Guitarist Glen Drover has made an official statement about his leaving Megadeth:

"I am aware of the rumors that I left Megadeth to focus on family life. My family life has always been my priority.

In the end, I was unhappy with the situation, which magnified me wanting to spend more time with my family and realizing that it’s time for me to move on to the next chapter in my musical career. First, I want to spend some good quality time here at home with my family for a little bit before getting into anything serious.

Obviously, I have not spent the last several years of my life working hard to stop now.

That would be insane, to put it mildly. This is what I do, and I am excited about what the future in music has in store for me.

I would like to thank Dave (Mustaine) for giving me a great opportunity to be a part of Megadeth for the past 3 + years. To be a part of this band with my brother Shawn and tour the world, was awesome to say the least!

I have a lot of great memories and met a ton of great people along the way, both fans and people in the industry. I am also very proud to have been a part of bringing Megadeth back to the forefront and firmly putting the band back on the map!

Last but not least, I would like to thank all of the fans, the Megadeth road crew and all of my endorsements, as well as everyone who has supported me in making my time with Megadeth a very memorable experience!

Glen Drover."

1 comments for this post

Anonymous

GLEN YOU ROCK DUDE ,PERiOD,THANKS FOR THE GREAT TUNES,MEGADETH IS AT THE TOP MAN!

Posted on 4/12/09 02:09  

Post a Comment

Scream For Me