Alice Cooper Will Sing For Avantasia

By Elric on 3:04 PM 06 August 2007

Filed Under:

Edguy frontman Tobias Sammet has confirmed via his official web site that Scorpions guitarist Rudolf Schenker and rock legend Alice Cooper will appear on the third installment of his Avantasia project, entitled "Lost in Space Part 1 and Part 2" (the "Scarecrow" working title has now apparently been scrapped).

Commented Tobias: "I am really proud and grateful to have Rudolf and Alice as guests on the album. I am glad Rudolf finally managed to do it as the Scorpions have been so busy promoting their new album 'Humanity – Hour 1' which I think is their best since 1987. We had to re-schedule the session once and finally we worked things out catching up backstage in Slovakia during a Scorpions/Edguy show. And what can I say about Alice Cooper? He is a unique American legend! Everybody knows him and all I can say is: I ain't worthy, I ain't worthy! The role he's sung suits him perfectly! Both Rudolf and Alice did great performances and I am truly blessed to have won them as special guests for my album!" Other guests confirmed to appear on Avantasia new CD include Sascha Paeth, Henjo Richter, Eric Singer (KISS, Alice Cooper), Miro, Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween), Jorn Lande (ex-Masterplan), Bob Catley and Amanda Somerville.

Regarding Kiske's contribution to the new Avantasia CD, Sammet said, "I love Michael's voice, he is the singer that made me want to become a singer myself twenty years ago. I am happy and proud that he is part of Avantasia again."

"Lost in Space Part 1 and Part 2" is scheduled for release on October 19.

Avantasia will perform at next year's Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place July 31 - August 2, 2008 in Wacken, Germany. Also scheduled to appear are Iron Maiden (headliners), Children Of Bodom and Kreator.


0 comments for this post

Post a Comment

Scream For Me