Warrel Dane To Record Solo Album

By Elric on 12:57 PM 24 June 2007

Filed Under:

Nevermore frontman Warrel Dane is scheduled to enter the studio in early August to begin recording his solo debut, tentatively due in early 2008. "As of now I have written about eight [tracks] together [with Dane], and Warrel is also collaborating with Matt Wicklund [ex-Himsa guitarist] for a few songs," former Soilwork guitarist-turned-producer Peter Wichers says.

In a September 2006 interview with Metal-Rules.com, Dane stated about the upcoming solo CD, "I've been working on it for like the last year off and on, just writing songs with Peter Wichers, and at some point we'll finish them then go in the studio . . . It doesn't sound like Nevermore, and I think, you know, if it did, there wouldn't be much point in doing a side project. If it sounded like Nevermore I think it would be a little redundant . . . Of course it's metal! Kind of like metal-infused hard rock, I think. It's different and it's a chance for me to explore myself — explore myself in other ways! [laughs] Well, for me, and for Peter from Soilwork as well, it was kind of a chance for us both to 'step outside the box,' because people expect a certain thing from both those bands and with this we don't have to fulfill any expectations. We can do whatever we want."

Dane stated a year ago that his solo debut would include an appearance by Warrel's former Sanctuary (pre-Nevermore) bandmate Dave Budbill (currently in Zerocreep) on drums.

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment

Scream For Me